Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wet and Wild - Flower

Well my fears have come true. Whatever idiot started the "Rainy Wildflower" thread on SlowTwitch last week I place full blame on him for this. 60-70% Chance of rain this weekend at Wildflower. Right when I first read the thread, I checked various weather websites and all were predicting sunny skies & mid to upper 70's. Then this guy had to go and jinx it.

I am NOT happy about this! Really, the rain on the roads and the run, which will be a mud bath if they don't re-route it, is not what bothers me. It is the camping in the rain. Now I like camping, probably more than the next guy, but NOT in the rain. It SUCKS!!

Ohh well, here's hoping for just a light rain/drizzle. It will be interesting to see what this does to race splits. More importantly though, here's hoping for a safe race for all. Keep it upright.

2 comments:

  1. At least bears won't be waltzing around your tent a la Yosemite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camping in the rain is the BEST!!! Seriously! I think our best camping trips have been the ones where it poured rain all weekend. So awesome.

    Suck it up, princess! :P

    ReplyDelete