Friday, May 29, 2009

Punishment called...

And I answered.

I have confirmed my 2 night reservation at Wernick's Casa de la DiversiĆ³n y el Dolor!

Saturday will bring upon us ~115mi of tough riding on the infamous Henshaw Loop. Charisa was kind enough to recruit some "fast guys" to come ride with us. Thanks. Thanks a bunch. This is NOT what I needed. Jonathan (the medic who helped/carried me to the med tent at Cal. 70.3) has promised that he won't let me die and is going to bring a tow rope in case I completely blow! Hopefully Charisa or Marit will share the workload with him should that come to pass (I'm not exactly "light" and there be hills!!).

For Sunday, Charisa decided to call my manhood into question and offered me the opportunity to run the Rock N' Roll Marathon with her. Any pride I had was quickly swallowed, as I meekly passed on the opportunity. I am going to try and hang with her for a few miles, but not knowing how much punishment Henshaw is going to dish out, I will refrain from committing to any firm number. Most likely I will spend much more time chilling with Steven.

Should be good times and some awesome training. I can't wait.

Have a good weekend and good luck Maggs & Bree at Honu 70.3. CRUSH IT!!!

Cheers

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like a perfect weekend. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Sounds like a killer weekend. Do the whole marathon. I dare ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm eating breakfast RIGHT NOW! Aw man - you'll do great in the hills! :)

    ReplyDelete