Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just what I needed...

So its 13 days and counting till the Surf City Marathon I have been training for. The last week or so my calf had been bothering me a little bit on some of my runs. During and after my last long run this past Saturday, it felt fine though, so I thought I had it kicked. Last night however, it came back with a vengeance. I tried to go do our normal Monday night tempo run with the running club, and even though I planned to go slow, I just couldn't hang. My left Soleus was throbbing and had swelled up half way through the run (just the slow part). At the turn around I noticed my skin felt super tight in my calf and my shoe felt way snug. Great!! Just what I needed. So after ice, the Stick, and more ice, I took the morning run off the schedule and replaced it with 5,000 in the agua. I was going to run tonight, but I think a spin session might be the better call. This sucks.

1 comment:

  1. hey ian. thanks for stopping by my blog. the run was in colorado springs ... through the garden of the gods park. it's super easy to get to and really beautiful ... if you are ever out that way.
    btw, looks like you have some GREAT races for this year. i have a bunch of friends who train in the south bay if you are lookin' for a group.
    cat.

    ReplyDelete